To me the word resolutions has a "I'm never going to do this" connotation to it. Goals seem doable, more action oriented. Maybe I like goals better as they seem like things to cross off on a list. I mean who doesn't love crossing off a task on a sticky note.
First, let me take you down memory lane for 2011. Last year I really only set one goal... learn how to decorate cakes. I did pretty well at it. I took a Wilton's beginners course at JoAnn's (I love JoAnn's; as you'll soon learn) and was really happy with what I learned. Too bad my travel schedule for work didn't allow me to take any more courses.
|My 1st cake|
Now this is definitely not the cake I'm most proud to call my own. I personally love the cakes and cupcakes I did for my niece and nephew! Those cupcakes were so much fun to decorate!
That was last year, this year I'm being more ambitious! Here are my 2012 Goals...(insert drumroll)
- Start a blog!-- as you can see this one is underway
- Make a quilt-- first must learn how to sew & maybe some quilting basics, they seem to be necessities.
- Find more single peeps- nothing against my wonderful married friends, but I need some other singles in my life!
- Learn to knit- everyone seems to be doing it and I certainly don't want to be left out.
- Be more adventurous- I'm thinking of making this a monthly thing and I already have something for a January post!
Most bloggers did this type of post during the first week of the year. I'm a little late but hey, this blog is one of my goals!
Stay tuned for more updates!